Thursday, October 11, 2007

Did you know....

This is the Savage Garden that we all know about.



This is the Savage Garden that most of us don't know about.



Yes, Savage Garden was actually the name of a street behind the Tower of London. I came across it during one of my 'long morning walks' through the City, and was pretty amazed by it. Not the road, of course, but the huge Victorian buildings surrounding it and a park in the middle of it. Too bad I didn't get any pics of it, but I did get the street name of another 'interesting' name, to be revealed soon.... XD

P.S. I've read about the church by Byward Street, in the map above, saying that Samuel Pepys was actually on top of the pinnacle of this church during the Great Fire of London in 1666 and had documented the entire event from there. Interesting :P

No comments: