Monday, June 11, 2007

Bicester Village

The original plan was to visit Oxford and its many heritage buildings, but it ended up being an Oxfordshire shopping spreee!!


After an hour's bus ride from London Victoria, we arrived at Oxford's Gloucester Green bus terminal. As we haven't even got a single itinerary prior to arrving to Oxford, we didn't have a clear heading. In the end, after having brunch at the terminal, we set off for a 30minute bus journey to the nearby village of Bicester, where the Bicester Village Retail Outlet is. All of the things that Bicester Village offers are actually cheaper than high street prices by a minimum of 30%. Housing high street shops like Burberry, Ferragamo, Hugo Boss and Polo Ralph Lauren, it is more affordable than London's high street shops, even after taking the 15pounds return bus ticket into account.

And after a day's shopping, what seemed unlikely had happened. The guys have actually bought more than the girls!! Actually, it was just me, haha!! But Chee Siong also did quite well himself too. He had gotten 2 pairs of Timberland shoes for £12 each!! Is that cheap or what!!! Other than that, we had also gotten identical wallets for God-only-knows reason. On the other hand, the girls did get a Burberry scarf each, and a mix of other items such as Clarks shoes and other stuff.





As for me, my final tally was a tie, wallet, slacks, shoes and cologne. I also wanted a pair of £12 Timberland shoes but my feet can't fit into them, so Chee Siong told the kindest gesture of buying the pair I wanted. Cis... >.<

The shopping is not over though. I'm (secretly) planning another trip there before I come back to KL. This time, I need a belt, some polo shirts, maybe some working shirts, bla bla.....

No comments: