Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Portobello Market

After tinkering with this flash code for a few minutes...a new way to viewing posted pictures without scrolling down!!! TA-DAA!!



But I'll still post a few pictures for references to some of the stuff that I'm writing while the rest are basically 'miscellaneous shots', lol...

And so, the pictures taken are all from Portobello Market, which was the highlight of last Saturday. Famous for its antiques market and even more famous by the movie 'Notting Hill', it was, of course, flooded by a sea of people wanting to get the next best deal after Bicester. :)

While the main highlight of this market on Saturdays was its antiques market, I wasn't too keen on antiques and only took a brief moment to go through the items there. But after going down the hill (we started from Notting Hill Gate, which incidentally, was on a HILL) things really started to get interesting. It became more of a farmer's market, with many fresh fruits and vegetables readily available at I-dare-say lower prices than the major supermarket chains. And they're not sealed and packed as in those damn supermarkets!!

Fruits on Sale!!

Another highlight was the FOOD!!!! We stopped at a German booth where they were selling burgers and hot dogs of those sort. We actually tried it out cos there was a long queue for it, so long queues are never wrong :P. For £2 a meal, it was freakin cheap and the portions were huge too! And I also went on and tried some Ghanaian stew, which wasn't bad at all, directly opposite a shop the girls were in!! See!! I've bought again and I blame you 2 girls for it!! :P

The delicious Schnitzel for lunch :)

Enjoying my Ghanaian stew :P

But while I didn't get anything from the market, the girls were all too delighted to look at the charms for sale there, but they didn't really buy much there though. But from what I've heard, they'll be off to Portobello Market this Saturday again primarily for charm hunting while I'm in Liverpool and Manchester. They (THANK YOU GOD!!) couldn't have picked a better time to go there again, hehe.....Girls at work................................

No comments: