Monday, June 25, 2007

A Walk by the GMT...

I seem to have a lot of time in my hands these few days.
Did another London sightseeing walk today. I started off after a very filling lunch with Andy at Crossharbour (a good reason to have the walk), and I ended up at the O2, also previously known as the Millennium Dome.
And you might wonder...
Where's the bridge?
Answer : There's no bridge, but a foot tunnel!!
The Greenwich Foot Tunnel. Somehow they might think that building a tunnel under the Thames would be cheaper than building a bridge over it. I don't really understand them....
No matter. Anyways, I wanted to go to the O2 to see all the hoo-ha thats been going on about it being a major entertainment spot. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures from there, but one thing I can say: it's huge. And round. And full of pubs and restaurants. And also a cinema and a concert hall. Other than that, I don't see any other reason to visit it (maybe because it doesn't have shopping.)
And speaking of shopping, who wants to join me for a bit of Camden Market window shopping this weekend??

No comments: