Friday, September 7, 2007

Supposed Former Internet Junkie

While I was in London, I had subscribed for a Telewest (now Virgin Media) 2Mbps line for about 15quid a month. And hell, was it fast!!! Whenever i saw a new movie up in Mininova, I run the torrent, and 3 hours later, I'll be watching that damn show. Hell, I even subscribed to Crunchyroll so that I can get their high quality videos and even then, I was streaming 3 videos at a time!! And even better, SK will also be streaming 2 videos at the same time with the same line!! It was a Internet junkie's paradise!! Life was indeed good.

Then I came back to KL, land of the Screamyx.

I currently have a 2Mbps line at home, and even now the connections are freakin slow!! And you can't even run a torrent and surf facebook at the same time. From what the geeks at Lowyat forums say, TM is 'throttling' torrents, ie. blocking p2p torrent connections so that users have more bandwidth to surf. But I have another solution; why not increase your bandwidth?? You guys are earning so much already, yet the service provided isn't top-class.

But a miracle happened today!! My torrent had just gone up to approximately 230KB/s!! Thats the first time I've ever seen such numbers since I came back!!

While I know that this might be a temporary, but it still does give me hope that I'm not being conned with a slow 2Mbps line. Hopefully, I'll get to see more of this type of speeds soon, which might still be a long shot. But hey, it's a start....

Note: Please ignore the fact that 2 out of 3 torrents that I'm downloading are 'good stuffs' XD

No comments: