Saturday, September 1, 2007

Dissertations & Constellations

Bah, had just lost a huge chunk of what I was gonna blog, so here goes nothing, again.....




I have been really busy these past 2 weeks on writing up my dissertation. I know, many of you are thinking, "you still have so much time!! slack la!!" But thats not the point. I have to finish it before September 15th, my self-imposed deadline. Two reasons for this; I need to send it back by courier, and who knows how long that might take. Tentatively I have FedEx on my mind, mainly because my dad has an account there and they're reliable. But they MIGHT pull off a 'Castaway' problem....




Second reason!! Our "son" Dennis is coming back to KL on the 16th!! So have to pooi him until he goes back to London on the 30th!!, Haha yea I know he has other 'friends', but its better to keep a clean timetable to spend more time with him, muahaha!!




Back to the dissertation. Have spent about 10 days (including weekends!! :/) to write up my intro and literature review. Its quite hard cos you have to quote so many previous studies in your work, and u have to make sure that you can't leave any stone unturned!! Grrr... sooo frustrating!! But I finished it and sent it straight away to my 'boss' (supervisor). Got the reply yesterday, and he seems quite happy with it!! Cool, now I have more confidence with writing my results :). Yup, have finished the methodology section as well in 2 days. I think it's a rushed job, but I need to let ppl review it before I send it to my "boss" for a final review. Good luck to me!!




Suddenly got this huge interest in horology, or at least, their physical end-product side. Why?? Cos my sis studies at KPD and everytime I dropped and fetched, I'm bound to see this HUGE GIGANTIC advert with Brad Pitt and his Tag Heuer Carrera, which is sooo beautiful!! The power of advertising indeed. Now after going through a few sites on expensive watches, and giving note to my incredibly light wallet *sniff*, I finally decided on an Omega Constellation Perpetual Calendar!!




Ok, it's steel and not those tauke businessman gold, but it's nice!! Its got a 60 month of kinetic energy storage so theres no such thing as batteries anymore!! and another thing, it also has a smaller 'sister'!! So, maybe both of us can complete the set muahahahaha!!



Anyways, there's still a LONG way to go (unless I win the lottery or something) before I see this watch everyday on my wrist..haha, such wonderful daydreams!!!
And reality sets in. Am off to write my results now.

Update: Perpetual Calendar is not seen in any watch shops. Constellation is now priced at RM5,800 after the petty 20% discount is included. Thats probably about 6 months of savings, minus-ing all the other miscellaneous stuffs from my take-home pay. Perhaps I need to search harder.....

No comments: